Saturday, January 15, 2011

I did it

Remember this post, from a couple days ago?  Well I couldn't resist.  We were going to be in the mountains and snow all day today, and I had to make my man a better hat, one I was more proud of, before we headed out.  I am quite satisfied with the results.  The reports are that it is very warm (possibly too warm, I did use wool for the hat).  the Face fur is nice and soft, I used that hairy yarn, and I must add, it is very difficult to crochet with, because it is almost impossible to find the hole to stick your needle in.  I wanted to make one, to say I could do it.  However, I will probably not do it again with the hairy yarn, because it was a pain.


For the hat, I pretty much just did continuous rounds of half double crochets (I did not even do a slip stitch to join the rounds, because my seams are always so obvious, so I decided to bypass them).  I started with 8 hdc in a loop, then did 16 hdc, followed by 24, 32, 40, 48, and 56.  Then i did the rest 54.  until I felt it was long enough.  I don't even know how many rows I did.  and the yarn was really really thick, because I originally followed a pattern for worsted weight yarn, and I was supposed to go all the way up to 72 hdc, and it was huge! I had to unravel it and just figure out how many worked for me.

for the beard, I bought the $1.99 pattern I previously linked to on Etsy
Posted by Picasa
HouseofHepworths

3 comments:

Barb said...

That is the best thing I have ever seen. I showed it to John and he loved it!

MarytheKay said...

Oh my goodness! This is absolutely HILARIOUS!!! I LOVE IT!!!! :-)

It's A Priceless Life said...

That's so funny, yet so practical!!! love it!
i'm your newest follower...come check out my blog when you get a chance... www.itsapricelesslife.blogspot.com
Shantel :-)