Thursday, January 13, 2011

beard hat

so I saw this and knew I needed to make one for my husband.  I emailed the seller and asked if she would sell me the pattern for just the beard, and she respectfully declined.  so I searched and searched for a pattern, and I could only find one on etsy (I am not linking it, because I do not recommend it).
  It was very different from other patterns and hard to follow.  i also did not really like the end result, and I ended up having to do a lot of altering to like it.

 so then I decided to make up my own.  Although i really like how this one looks, I do not recommend it, it took me so long.

I have since searched etsy again, and there are now multiple beard hat patterns.  I think if I were going to do it again I would buy this one. and maybe I would use some "hairy yarn" and make it look like this

I am definitely going to have to make a new one, a much better one.  I will show you the end result when I finally get around to it 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Haha, sweet hat. Taylor just signed up for the warrior dash in March, I think he might need one of these to wear during the race. Maybe I'll buy one of the hairy one's.

beardowear said...

I truly like to reading your post. Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a nice information.