Monday, April 5, 2010

minky blanket tutorial

I made a couple minky blankets over the weekend. I bought the fabric months ago on clearance, and I have been wanting to use it, but scared it would be hard to sew with. and when I attemped to about six moths ago, it was. Then I was told to use a walking foot, and it was a breeze.
I found this silky ruffle blanket binding at walmart
after cutting th minky to my desired size I `pinned the ruffles face down to the right side of the fabric
then I pinned the back piece of fabric , right side down, on top of that. I stitched all the way around, leaving an opening to turn, turned it right side out, and sewed the opening closed. I did use my walking foot, and I did not top stitch, I was afraid it would bunch, and I like how it looked without the topstitch. It took me about half an hour to make one


here is the second one I made


I made this one for my own babes for Easter, I used the same tutorial as my receiving blanket. This was so easy, I thought it would be hard with minky fabric, but it was so forgiving, the binding fabric is so plush, that you cannot even see the seems.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: