I know it seems like I have been slacking, but really, I have been crazy busy with projects. We remodeled out basement. There are still some finishing touches needing to be done (including bookshelves that are half way built for either side of this fire place to put all the clutter on the (and hide all the wires), and a few more things. I took the week off last week to sew, but hope to finish up this week, I will post pictures then, but here is a sneak peek
My sisters are both having baby girls this month, so I made them a bunch of stuff. I couldn't post pictures until I gave it to them though, it would have spoiled the surprise
I made them each a blanket like this. It is Amy Butler Lotus fabric on front, and Chenille on the back. I just put the right sides together and sewed around (all but 6 inches) then I turned it right side out and top stitched, closing the gap. I used a walking foot, since the fabrics have a different stretch than each other. I don't know if it was necessary.
I found this tutorial for the above blanket, but it was not as easy for me as it sounded, other people have told me they really like doing it that way.
so I reverted back to my old method for this one, and I liked how it turned out better.