Friday, March 25, 2011

how to hem jeans

The first thing I did with my new machine is hem my jeans.  I have never done this before.  I have never needed to.  I like my jeans to have a 36" inseam, and frankly, can never find any long enough to wear, let alone, long enough to hem.  I actually know now that I can find dozens of options at The Buckle, if any of you long-leg people are still looking.  I found these BKE' s(at quite an affordable price I might add) and loved them.  They come as long as 37 1/2" in seam.  I was so excited to get a pair of jeans that I don't have to worry about shrinking in the dryer.  I took these babies home and washed them in really hot water and put them in a really hot dryer to shrink them before I hem them.  and I have been wearing them rolled up for a month, waiting for a new machine to hem them with.  I used this tutorial, it was a piece of cake (took about 15 minutes) and I love that I can put them in dryer and know they will come out long enough to wear again

I have been sewing all week, loving my new machine, more posts to come

No comments: